Monday, August 23, 2010

Lan Lan Surfing on a sea of Chinese prohibitions

Seated at my computer yesterday, I attempted a pointless array of tests of the new Google service. It was transparent that sites traffic with troublesome domestic issues were not open to the normal surfer. I tapped conditions such as "Tibet", "Xinjiang", "Dalai Lama" or "Tiananmen Square electrocute of democracy activists" in to the Google poke box. I did not get anything over "the webpage cannot be opened". I attempted a little more. I tapped in "Falun Gong", the organisation that the Chinese supervision has spoken a cult and banned. This stirred really incompatible results. After attack "Search", infrequently I could not get by to the Google site at all.

Then I attempted the Chinese leadership. First of all, "Hu Jintao," the president. Again, the summary came up: "The webpage cannot be opened". Then I attempted the premier, "Wen Jiabao". This time the summary said: "Internet Explorer cannot arrangement the webpage." Other searches of supportive issues that I attempted came up with a list but I could not get over the links.

One thing about removing on to Googles Hong Kong site was that I was gay to see that the Chinese denunciation was utilizing the made easy characters that are used in mainland China, as against to the some-more difficult normal book used in Hong Kong.

After a duration of acid for conditions that would have been deemed supportive by the Chinese authorities, Google would not open for a little time nonetheless alternative poke websites would.

The writers name has been changed

No comments:

Post a Comment